The European Association of Taiwan Studies (EATS) is a registered non-profit charitable organisation which is dedicated to promoting Taiwan Studies in Europe. We facilitate individual and collaborative research on Taiwan within EATS and foster links between EATS and similar organisations in other countries. We organise an annual conference in a different European city every year, publish a newsletter, EATS News, twice a year online and in print, and we bestow a Young Scholar Award (2011-present) and Library Research Grant (2014-present) to encourage young talent in the field. Your membership is extremely important in allowing us to work on the administration of the conferences, organisation of publications and awards, website development, research, archiving, etc., and in turn, contributing to the growth of Taiwan Studies.
EATS membership is renewed annually and is valid from 1 January to 31 December. Our online registration system is now active. There are several benefits for being an EATS member: (1) eligibility to apply for EATS Young Scholar Award and EATS Library Grant; (2) lower rate of conference registration fee; (3) you will receive an EATS email account which will enable you to access all the previous EATS conference papers available; (4) very soon you will have a personal profile page in EATS website if you wish; and (5) you will often receive news/information about EATS and Taiwan Studies communities around the world.
If you want to become an EATS member, please click the Register button at the top of the website and follow these steps to complete your membership registration:
- Fill in personal information.
- Select membership type (non-student or student).
- Once submitted, you’ll receive an invoice with payment method instructions. Please make your payment accordingly.
- Upon receipt of your payment, you’ll receive the EATS Treasurer’s receipt and a link to a 2nd form.
- Fill in the additional information, which will form the basis of your online profile on EATS Website in the future.
- Once completed, you’ll receive a welcome message from the EATS Board.
EATS Membership fee, 1 January–31 December 2017
- Non-student member €50
- Student member €35
We appreciate your support. Please pay your annual fee and become an EATS member.