Simona A. Grano has obtained her Ph.D. in Chinese Studies from Ca‘ Foscari University of Venice in 2008. From February 2009 she has been working in the Department of Sinology at Zürich University as lecturer, where she teaches various courses and carries out research on contemporary social problems and green politics in China and Taiwan. Her research interests focus on environmental management and politics, state-society relations, and judicial sector reforms. She has published various articles on environmental politics and social movements in Taiwan and China. She is currently finishing a book on the topic of environmental governance in Taiwan.
- Grano, Simona Alba (2016). The Anti-nuclear power movement. In: Schubert, Gunter. Routledge Handbook of Contemporary Taiwan. London and New York: Routledge, 297-312.
- Grano, Simona Alba (2016). China’s changing environmental governance: Enforcement, compliance and conflict resolution mechanisms for public participation. China Information, 30(2):129-142. pdf 124298(PDF)
- Grano, Simona Alba; Zhang, Yuheng (2016). New channels for popular participation in China: The case of the London Plane Trees Protection Movement in Nanjing. China Information, 30(2):165-187.
- Grano, Simona Alba (2015). Environmental Governance in Taiwan: A New Generation of Activists and Stakeholders. London and New York: Routledge.
- Grano, Simona Alba (2015). The role of social media in environmental protest in China. In: Dong, Lisheng; Kriesi, Hanspeter; Kübler, Daniel. Urban Mobilizations and New Media in Contemporary China. England: Asghate, 83-99.
Environmental management and politics, state-society relations, and judicial sector reforms.
Relevant web links