Professor Chu Yun-han was a distinguished scholar and educator who made significant contributions to the field of political science. He was a Distinguished Fellow of the Institute of Political Science at the Academia Sinica and was elected as an Academician of Academia Sinica in 2012. He was also a lecturer at National Taiwan University for 36 years, where he taught courses on political science and international relations.
Furthermore, he was the Executive Director of the Chiang Ching-kuo Foundation for International Scholarly Exchange, an organisation established to encourage research related to Taiwan throughout the world.
Professor Chu’s work has had a profound impact on the study of politics in Taiwan and around the world.
Here are the memorials tributes written by members of EATS who have known Professor Chu throughout the years.
- A Long-Lasting Legacy: Commemorating Professor Chu Yu-han’s support for the European Association of Taiwan Studies Yun-han Chu
- In Memoriam: Missing Yun-Han
- Chu Yun-han (67), An Eminent Scholar and President of Taiwan’s CCK Foundation, Died on February 5th, 2023
- Chu Yun-han: Influential Political Scientist, Promoter of Taiwan Studies and Sinology in Europe
- “Kind and Gentle Soul”（「謙謙君子，溫潤如玉」）: Remembering My Dear Friend Yun-han Chu (1956-2023)